Now that the Nintendo Switch has been out for a while, some Wii U owners may be wondering if they can transfer their Wii U account to the Switch. The short answer is: no, you cannot. Your Wii U account, with all of your purchased games and data, is tied to your Wii U console and cannot be transferred to the Switch. So if you’re thinking of upgrading from your Wii U to a Switch, you’ll have to start from scratch on your new console.
At this time, it is not possible to transfer a Wii U account to a Nintendo Switch.
In order to merge your Nintendo 3DS/Wii U funds with your Nintendo Switch account, you will need to follow these steps:
1. Select Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch HOME Menu to launch the Nintendo eShop
2. Select the account you want to use
3. Select the picture of your icon in the upper-right corner to access your Account Information
4. Select Merge Funds from Nintendo 3DS/Wii U
To delete a user on your Wii U console, follow these steps:
1. On the Wii U Menu, select the Mii character in the upper-left corner to access the User Settings.
2. Tap Delete This User.
3. If prompted, enter the four-digit PIN and select OK.
4. Enter the password associated to the Nintendo Network ID, then select OK.
Can you merge Nintendo accounts
Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, we are not able to combine two different Nintendo Accounts together into one. Please note that you can link up to 8 Nintendo Accounts to a single Nintendo Switch console. Games that you’ve purchased are playable by everyone on the active Nintendo Switch console for your Nintendo Account.
The Wii U to Wii U system transfer feature is a great way to move content from one Wii U to another. Content from the source console, including any users, Nintendo Network IDs, save data, and digital content, will replace that on the target console. This is a great way to keep your content safe and sound on a new Wii U.
Is Nintendo id same for switch and Wii U?
A Nintendo Network ID (NNID) is used to make purchases on the Wii U and 3DS. A Nintendo Account is used to make purchases on the Switch. The main difference between the two is that a Nintendo Account is required to use certain online features on the Switch, such as the eShop, Nintendo Switch Online, and other services.
A Nintendo Network ID is required to access certain online features for the Wii U, such as downloading games from the Nintendo eShop. This tutorial will show you how to register a Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U.
1. From the user selection screen, select the user to link to the Nintendo Network ID
2. Select “User Settings”
3. Select “View/Modify User Information”
4. Select “Next” or press the A Button and enter the user’s password
5. Select “Link an Nintendo Network ID”
6. Enter the Nintendo Network ID and password, then select “OK”
7. That’s it! The Nintendo Network ID is now linked to the Wii U user account.
How do I deregister my Wii U to a primary console?
You can deregister your primary Nintendo console by visiting the account management page on Nintendo’s website. After logging in, select the “Shop Menu” option, then choose “Deregister Primary Console”.
You can format your system to remove the Nintendo Network ID without deleting the associated Nintendo eShop purchases and Friend List. The Nintendo Network ID removed in this way will retain this information, and can be relinked to the same system again in the future.
On a linked Wii U console, you can open the user-selection screen to find your ID in orange lettering below your nickname. On a linked system in the Nintendo 3DS family, you can open System Settings, then Nintendo Network ID Settings to find your ID on the sign-in screen below your nickname.
Linking a Nintendo account with a user account on the Nintendo Switch makes more features accessible. For example, friend-related features and posting screenshots and videos on social media networks.
How do I transfer money from Wii U to switch?
If you want to transfer funds from your Nintendo 3DS or Wii U account to your Nintendo Switch account, you can do so by following these steps:
1. Select Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch HOME Menu to launch the Nintendo eShop.
2. Select the account you want to use.
3. Select the picture of your icon in the upper-right corner to access your Account Information.
4. Select Merge Funds from Nintendo 3DS/Wii U.
If you have multiple Nintendo Switch consoles, you can link your Nintendo Account to all of them. You can then play your games on any of the consoles using your Nintendo Account. However, only one of the consoles can be the primary console. On the primary console, any other users can play the games you downloaded with your Nintendo Account.
How do I transfer Wii U save data
On the source Wii U, select System Settings from the Wii U Menu. Using the Left Stick, scroll to System Transfer and press the A Button. Select Transfer Between Wii U Consoles. Wait a moment while the Wii U checks for the latest system updates and data required for the transfer.
If you want to move your purchased content to another console, you’ll need to do a system transfer or call Nintendo. Otherwise, your purchases are tied to the console they were made on.
How do you copy Wii U save data?
Wii U Menu:
1. Select System Settings
2. Using the Left Stick, scroll to Data Management
3. Select Copy/Move/Delete Data
4. Select the location from which you’d like to copy or move data
This means that any games you have purchased through the Nintendo eShop for 3DS or Wii U will not be accessible on Switch. If you want to play your eShop games on Switch, you’ll need to re-purchase them.
The short answer is no, you cannot transfer a Wii U account to the Nintendo Switch.
There are a few ways to transfer data from a Wii U to a Switch, but it is not possible to transfer a Wii U account to a Switch.